Right to Access Medical Records
- If patients request copies of their medical records as permitted by the Privacy Rule, are they required to pay for the copies?
- Does the HIPAA Privacy Rule require that covered entities document all oral communications?
- When must a covered entity account for disclosures of protected health information made during the course of litigation?
- Does the HIPAA Privacy Rule require a business associate to provide individuals with access to their protected health information or an accounting of disclosures, or an opportunity to amend protected health information?
- How can a covered entity account for the date of access if it is not known for certain?
- Does the HIPAA Privacy Rule require that covered entities provide patients with access to oral information?